Our Autumn Champagne Discovery Box is here.
6 different bottles of Champagne from one family-owned Maison, tacked in a box, waiting to be opened and discovered by you!
Featured Maison: William Saintot from Avenay, Val D’Or.
In the box you will find:
- 1 bottle of 75cl of Meunier de mes Grand Peres – A Premier Cru Cuvée, made from 100% Pinot Meunier. It is the best expression of Champagne William Saintot’s terroir. A rare Blanc de Noir vinified in oak and aged in bottle for 40 months. Disgorged in 2019, it is an Extra Brut with only 2g of sugar per liter. Only 500 bottles of this unique Champagne have been produced.
- 1 bottle of 75cl of Cuvée Blanc de Noirs Premier Cru – A multivintage (2015, 2016 and 2017) Champagne from 100% Pinot Noir manually harvested from Premier Cru vineyards in Avenay Val d’Or, Mutigny et Bisseuil.
Vinified partially in inox, oak barrels, and concrete eggs, it’s a Brut (6.5g/l) perfect as an aperitif but can equally accompany a whole meal.
- 1 bottle of 75cl of Cuvée Prestige Premier Cru Brut – An assemblage of 72% Pinot Noir and 28% Chardonnay from old vine parcels in the Premier Cru villages on Avenay Val d’Or, Bisseuil and Mutigny. This exceptional cuvée is made using the Solera method with the oldest grapes coming from the 2010 harvest. Coming from Premier Cru villages and from old vines with an average age of 45 years, this Champagne is very expressive of its territory and its different vintages. Bottled in June 2018 with less than 4,000 bottles made.
- 1 bottle of 75cl of La Cuvée Trilogie Premier Cru – An exceptionally balanced Extra Brut which showcases Champagne’s star varieties. Equal parts of old vine Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from the limestone and clay Premier Cru vineyards of Bisseuil are blended with Pinot Meunier from Avenay Val d’Or give us a Champagne that’s potent enough to be drunk with any white meat and fish dish. Only 2,200 bottles are produced every year.
- 1 bottle of 75cl of La Cuvée Séduction Premier Cru – A truly seductive Blanc de Blancs Brut from 100% Premier Cru old vine Chardonnay planted in 1964. It is presented in an elegant and uniquely shaped bottle. Only 4,000 bottles are produced every year. Excellent as an aperitif or with fresh seafood and oysters.
- 1 bottle of 75cl of Cuvée Millésime 2012 Premier Cru – A Pinot Noir dominated 2012 Vintage Champagne. 2012 was a “Grande Année” for the region of Champagne. Bottled in March 2013 it has spent 60 months in bottle before release. Only 4000 bottles have been produced for this vintage
The Maison: Champagne William Saintot
For almost a century, the Saintot family has been using all its know-how to produce exceptional champagnes.
Located in the heart of the village of Avenay-Val-d’Or, in the Marne Valley, the story of the Maison William Saintot begins with Firmin Saintot settling in the area around 1918, and starting to work the vineyard.
One-hundred years later, his descendants are perpetuating his actions. His son Clément and his grandson William Saintot were able to transmit this passion to the generation which is currently in charge: Nathalie and Morgan. As independent winemakers, and part of the broader family of Grower Champagne (Récoltant Manipulant), this Maison grows its own vines, presses its own grapes, and follows the entire winemaking process, which is in-house and mostly manual, this includes the harvest of the grapes and the remouage of the bottles.
The vines extent for approximately 10 hectares, predominantly labeled as Premier Cru. The process has evolved in order to be more environmentally friendly, as certified by the labels of “haute valeur environnementale” and “viticulture durable en Champagne
The promotional price for our Autumn Champagne Box is CHF 199.00 with free delivery across Switzerland without any long-term commitments.